Monday, July 28, 2008

To Hesston

Yesterday, we left the small town of Yoder for the metropolis of Hesston, KS. We are spending a couple of days here with my sister, Joy; her husband, Derek; and children, Cedon, Caryn, and Callie. We have already had a ball!


I am able to post a few more pictures now. Will do my best to narrate.

Therin riding Grandpa Ken's mower in Colorado. He was Sam Hornish, Jr., if Sam raced tractors and sported a mullet.






My brother, Jeremy, catching my trout on the Rio Grande River. You'd think he would be a bit more generous with his elder brother.






This is a shot of the beauty of Colorado near South Fork. The picture does not even come close to doing it justice.



Therin and Savannah enjoying the high life in South Fork.



The mountain we climbed in Palmer Lake.













The fam part way up the mountain. Therin was not feeling so hot at this point (the paleness on his face is not a problem in the photo). He did recover.














Palmer Lake - my hometown - from half-way up the mountain.




Savannah celebrating her conquest. She shouted from this rock, "I'm the queen of the world!"



















London and Therin celebrating in similar fashion. They did not say anything about being queens, however.



Yes, I am wearing an OSU hat. Kept my feet on the ground as I hiked a couple of miles back to the reservoirs that moisten Palmer Lake. For you nature buffs, there is a dragonfly-like beast on my hat. In his/her clutches is a moth. Good eatin'!












The Smiths at the Garden of the Gods. I have been here a million times and the rock formations still amaze me. I do not know what the person to the left in the photo is doing behind that bush.




I really love this picture. Enough said...





Here is the mystery for the day: what made me take this photo of Kathy's mom's chalkboard? Hint - I have never known Nina to be a particularly political person, but she seems to have turned thoroughly Democrat!

Hope you are not too bored after all of that.

We leave for home on Wednesday. Will be in A-bold late Thursday sometime.



Jeff

No comments: