Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Chatauqua

Today was a really good day.
  • I had my best day of devotional writing in over a week. My focus was simply more acute. Perhaps it is the Colorado air! Can't wait to see what the Lord will do tomorrow.
  • All six of us climbed Mt. Chatauqua (elevation 8340 ft.) which is in my parents' backyard (virtually). We flatlanders needed to stop here and there in that the trail was quite steep, but we finally made it to the top. When Savannah reached one point near the summit that had a most excellent view she peered out at the landscape in the distance and said, "I can see the whole world! This is amazing." She was right. Later she told me that I should use the term "deer droppings" instead of "deer poo" because that "grosses little girls like me out." I'm learning.
  • Kathy and I cooked supper together this evening. I made too much spaghetti.
  • I spent time with my grandma. In our conversation she reflected on what is so important in faith and how these "vitals" can quickly become obscured. Her stories were indicative of her attentiveness to the Holy Spirit in all of life. I am reminded of what a blessing it is to have people in our lives who live faith out evidently. We learn so much from this and are empowered and encouraged. I am also reminded of how important it is for all of us to live genuine lives of faith. It makes a difference in the lives of others whether we know it or not.

The Lord never fails.

Jeff

No comments: