Monday, June 9, 2008

Nincompoop

Did you ever notice that the word "nincompoop" is really funny? It always makes me giggle. Giggling is good for the soul. We should all do it more often!

Despite the giggling, it could be that being intrigued by this word makes me, well, a nincompoop...

Good progress was made today on the devotional. I have selected all 30 biblical texts: 7 from each of the gospels and 2 from Revelation. I have selected texts, I believe, that encourage us to ponder what we are or are not allowing the Holy Spirit to do in our hearts. It is simple for us, it seems, to block Jesus' Spirit from our hearts, to ignore the Spirit's knocking, to live embracing the invasive Darkness that is consuming the precious part of us that should be the abode of the Lord alone.

My hope is that I will surrender further to the Lord as I work. A further hope is that any who read what I write will do the same.

The Lord is knocking.

~ Jeff

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've come a long way from the little golden curly topped elf that spouted out philosophical comment to complete strangers!
Thanks for the comments on the moving of the "spirit". We too often ignore the most important of nudges the spirit gives. Our church is going through some very challenging times right now and one of the comments made on Sunday was 'Have we really been listening to the Holy Spirit for our guidance?' Makes one wonder?
Aunt Rae