Thursday, June 5, 2008

Launch

There is a giggled-about adage promoted by non-clergy that implies that pastors always have something - perhaps too much - to say. I do not know if this is true universally, but I do know that I am less than a week into a sabbatical and am already assuaging the need to find an audience for my thoughts! If I won't be preaching for a while I may as well regale the three people who will actually look at this blog with so much drivel. Hey, three people is three people and I get my fix!

So far my sabbatical has proven to be restful. Though it is strange and somewhat discombobulating not to be running willy-nilly to this meeting or that, I have been basking in the slower pace. For instance, I went fishing last night to the Archbold reservoirs and caught five walleye. They were quite small but it really wasn't about the size of the fish. It was about wildlife, the setting sun, and the lapping water.

I have worked for hours on the devotional I am writing. The Lord has shown up in really tremendous ways already. Can't wait to see what it will look like in the end and to share it with others.



~ Jeff

No comments: